JAW Lures Mahi Slam 2021
Outline & Rules
Angler Check-In, Captains Meeting, and Kick-Off Party:
August 13th, 5:30pm-9pm @ World Wide Sportsman, 81576 Overseas Hwy. Islamorada, FL
- Tournament Dates: August 14th
- Saturday, lines in at 7:30 AM & lines out 3:30 PM
- Weigh Station @ World Wide Sportsman is open from 4pm-6pm
- Anglers must report to weigh-master by 6pm.
- IGFA Rules Apply: The entrant credited with a catch in tournament scoring must have hooked and played the fish to boat-side personally, without assistance. Normal sport fishing practices for landing a fish (e.g. gaffing, wiring, or landing nets) may be assisted. Fish must be hooked and landed on a single rod and reel. (Braid line is permitted)
- SCORING: Scoring by weight: All scoring in the tournament is based on the weight of single fish entered by registered anglers. Anglers are allowed to enter one fish into other categories if applicable. i.e. Female anger with the largest dolphin can win First Price and Female Angler category.
Single fish category: Individual anglers or teams may hold only one place at a time in a single category. Subsequent Entries: Individual anglers or teams may improve their standing in a given category or categories with subsequent entry of larger fish at any time before the close of the tournament.
- In the event of an exact tie in weight, winners will be determined by the time of sign-in at weigh in.
- Fishing Boundaries: Vessels must depart & return from Monroe and Dade County and fish in US waters (Bahamas & Cuba off limits)
- Any changes to your Registration Form can be made in person or via email email@example.com
- All protests must be in writing and submitted to the Tournament Director on the day of the alleged violation by 6:00 p.m. with a deposit of $375.00. If the alleged violation is found to have occurred, the deposit of $375.00 will be refunded. If the Rules Committee finds no violation, the deposit will not be refunded. The decision of the Rules Committee will be final.
- PRIZES: Redemption of all prizes must be claimed by the winner in person, at the time and place the prize is scheduled to be awarded. In cases of special hardship only, the tournament board may permit prizes to be claimed by a representative of the winner. Prizes not claimed in accordance with these rules remain property of the tournament.
- LIABILITY: All entrants participate in the tournament at their own risk. JAW Lures Mahi Slam 2021, Tournament Staff, World Wide Sportsman, SFL Fishing Tournaments, JAW Lures Corp, Tournament Sponsors, and all other persons directly or indirectly connected with the operation of the tournament are exempt from any liability for loss, damage, injury, negligence, or harm to any entrant, their companions or other participants, boat captains, crew members, vessels, or equipment which may occur during the tournament.
- RULINGS AND RULES COMPLIANCE: Rules violations, the eligibility of entrants or entered fish, disqualifications, and any other matters not specifically covered by these rules will be decided by the Tournament Judge in consultation with the Tournament staff.
- ENTRY FEES: Entry fees for JAW Lures Mahi Slam 2021 are as follows:
- Registration: Team-$375
- Late Registration: on or after July 10th Team- $600
Up to 6 anglers per team includes 6 Awards banquet & Captain’s meeting tickets
- WEATHER CONTINGENCY: The tournament will not be canceled or postponed due to weather or sea conditions. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- SAFETY AND CONDUCT: Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws and rules for safe boating, including those regarding USCG equipment requirements. Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws pertaining to the taking of marine fish. Participants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship and courtesy. Any participant who exhibits threatening behavior or who otherwise engage in disorderly, illegal or improper conduct of any kind is subject to immediate disqualification from the Tournament. Willful violations of marine laws or other violations of safe and proper conduct may lead to disqualification. Fishing must be performed in accordance with principles of good sportsmanship, and in compliance with these and IGFA rules as published in the IGFA World Record Game Fish book under “International Angling Rules.” JAW Lures Mahi Slam 2021 rules will be strictly adhered to, and all decisions of the Tournament Director will be final. Any angler(s), captain(s), or mate(s) found to be in any violation of any tournament rule may be disqualified from this tournament.
Largest Mahi-Mahi By Weight:
1st Place $7.500 (Guaranteed) Art Work, JAW Lures Mahi-Mahi lure package, +?
2nd Place $1,500 Art Work, JAW Lures Mahi-Mahi lure package, +?
3rd Place $1,000 JAW Lures Mahi-Mahi lure package, +?
Largest Wahoo Overall
Largest Blackfin Tuna Overall
Top Female Angler
Top Junior Angler
Prizes and times may be subject to change
* Up to 6 anglers per team includes 6 Awards banquet & Captain’s meeting tickets
**Largest fish, by weight, any qualifying species
Registration Deadline July 10th, Late Entry Fee of $600 after July 10th.
Entry Fees: $375 or Pre-registration: $300/ team. * Up to 6 anglers per team includes 6 Awards banquet & Captain’s meeting tickets