JAW Lures Offshore Slam 2023
Location: Marathon, FL
Outline & Rules
- Angler Check-In: September 17th, 2022. Teams entered will be able to pick up their needed i dentification card and swag at Bass Pro Shops @ 81576 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036
- Contact email@example.com for alternate options
- Tournament Dates: September 17th
- Lines in at 7:30 AM & lines out 3:30 PM
- Weigh Station & Award Ceremony 4pm-6pm on Saturday. By boat or car @ Bass Pro Shops @ 81576 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036
- Anglers must report to the weigh-master by 6pm.
- IGFA Rules Apply: The entrant credited with a catch in tournament scoring must have hooked and played the fish to boat-side personally, without assistance. Normal sport fishing practices for landing a fish (e.g. gaffing, wiring, or landing nets) may be assisted. Fish must be hooked and landed on a single rod and reel. (Braid line is permitted)
- SCORING: Scoring by weight: All scoring in the tournament is based on the weight of the largest Mahi-Mahi entered by registered teams.
- In the event of an exact tie in weight, the winning team will be determined by the length of the pelagic.
- Fishing Boundaries: Vessels must depart & return from US waters only.(Bahamas & Cuba off limits)
- Any changes to your Registration Form can be made in person or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All protests must be in writing and submitted to the Tournament Director on the day of the alleged violation by 6:00 p.m. with a deposit of $350.00. If the alleged violation is found to have occurred, the deposit of $350.00 will be refunded. If the Rules Committee finds no violation, the deposit will not be refunded. The decision of the Rules Committee will be final.
- PRIZES: Redemption of all prizes must be claimed by the winner in person, at the time and place the prize is scheduled to be awarded. In cases of special hardship only, the tournament board may permit prizes to be claimed by a representative of the winner. Prizes not claimed in accordance with these rules remain property of the tournament.
- LIABILITY: All entrants participate in the tournament at their own risk. JAW Lures, Tournament Staff, FishRazr, SFL Fishing Tournaments, Tournament Sponsors, and all other persons directly or indirectly connected with the operation of the tournament are exempt from any liability for loss, damage, injury, negligence, or harm to any entrant, their companions or other participants, boat captains, crew members, vessels, or equipment which may occur during the tournament.
- RULINGS AND RULES COMPLIANCE: Rules violations, the eligibility of entrants or entered fish, disqualifications, and any other matters not specifically covered by these rules will be decided by the Tournament Judge in consultation with the Tournament staff. A video and picture of the angler holding the fish with Date and Time Stamp must be provided at weigh in. In addition, each team will receive an identification card that also must be visible during the video and final picture.
- ENTRY FEES: Entry fees for JAW Lures Offshore Slam 2022 are as follows:
- Registration: $350 per team/vessel
- Late Registration: on or after September 1st: $500 per team/vessel
- Includes Awards & Captain’s meeting ticket - your families are welcome!
WEATHER CONTINGENCY: The tournament will not be canceled or postponed due to weather, sea conditions or Covid19. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- SAFETY AND CONDUCT: Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws and rules for safe boating, including those regarding USCG equipment requirements. Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws pertaining to the taking of marine fish. Participants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship and courtesy. Any participant who exhibits threatening behavior or who otherwise engage in disorderly, illegal or improper conduct of any kind is subject to immediate disqualification from the Tournament. Willful violations of marine laws or other violations of safe and proper conduct may lead to disqualification. Fishing must be performed in accordance with principles of good sportsmanship, and in compliance with these and IGFA rules as published in the IGFA World Record Game Fish book under “International Angling Rules.” JAW Lures Mahi Slam 2022 rules will be strictly adhered to, and all decisions of the Tournament Director will be final. Any angler(s), captain(s), or mate(s) found to be in any violation of any tournament rule may be disqualified from this tournament.